Flo Rida accused Celsius Energy Drink of cutting him out of millions of dollars in earnings, and yesterday a jury in Florida finally agreed with him.
Flo Rida was awarded $82.6 million in a lawsuit that claimed the Florida-based energy drink company breached a contract that ran from 2014 to 2018. His argument was that, after coming on as an endorser, the company claimed not to be having high enough sales. He says that he was also promised 1% ownership, something that he never saw either.
In a statement from Flo Rida after the verdict, he said “This was a long journey, but we prevailed. From the start, I only wanted what I worked for, nothing more, nothing less.”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Via NBC News...
During closing arguments, Flo Rida’s attorney John Uustal said his client had not sought a specific dollar amount in his lawsuit but the 1% ownership he was promised.
In a separate statement, Uustal said that he and his client relied on the jury to navigate the “complicated legal issues” involved in the case.
To read the entire NBC News reports, [click here].
With so much scrutiny surrounding the legal system in this country, it’s nice to see a win for someone other than big business for a change. To wrap up his statement Flo Rida’s lawyer concluded, “I’m glad, in this case, the jury concluded that Flo Rida should get what he worked for.”
- Tasha K Publicly Apologizes To Cardi B After Losing $4 Million Dollar Lawsuit!
- Funny Marco Talks Life Before Comedy, Crushing On Lizzo and Tiffany Haddish & More!
- Asking For A Friend: Should She Tell Her Mom That Her Dad Is Cheating?
- Too Much? Larsa & Scottie Pippen Allegedly Had Sex 4 Times A Night For 23 Years!
- Latto To Have Charges Dropped In Loaded Gun Arrest At LAX Following Completion Of Program In April
- Tekashi 6ix9ine Hospitalized After Brutal Attack in South Florida Gym
- Ciara Stepped Out In A Black Grace Ling Ensemble
- Angela Simmons Poses With Her Boo, Yo Gotti, In Stylish Givenchy Boots
- Get Excited For Bernie Mac’s Posthumous Return In Never-Before-Heard Stand-Up Album
- Pinheads Ent. Buys Brownsburg Bowl, Plan To Expand
Flo Rida Wins $82 Million From Celsius Energy Drink Lawsuit was originally published on zhiphopcleveland.com
Welcome To Hot 96.3!
Rihanna Clears Up Herpes Rumor, “It’s A F*cking Scar”
Megan Thee Stallion Is Set To Return To The Stage This Month In Her Hometown Of Houston
Diddy Wants to Be The Next Majority Owner of BET
Twitter Reacts To Angela Bassett’s Academy Award Snub To Jamie Lee Curtis
Rihanna Shines Bright Like A Diamond During Her Academy Awards Performance
All In The Eyes: Fans React To “That Look” Angela Bassett Gave After Major Oscars Upset
Michael B. Jordan And Jonathan Majors Give Angela Bassett A Shoutout At The Oscars