Final Three Defendants Convicted in '22 Murder, Kidnapping
Final Three Defendants Convicted in ’22 Murder, Kidnapping of Indy Man

INDIANAPOLIS — The final three defendants in the 2022 murder and kidnapping of Corbin Rogers have been convicted.
Marion County Prosecutor Ryan Mears announced on Friday that a jury found Cristina Clark, Josselyn Johnson and D’Sean Bigbee Cummings all guilty of murder and two counts of kidnapping. Johnson was also convicted of the habitual offender sentencing enhancement and all three defendants will face the felony firearms enhancement at the sentencing hearing.
Daniel Johnson and Jaheim Miller were previously charged for their roles in the kidnapping scheme. They pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit murder.
“What happened to Corbin was as shocking as it was sickening,” said Prosecutor Mears. “It’s not only shameful that three adults planned and executed this sinister plot but that they allowed two people under the age of 18 partake. Now, all five defendants will spend the majority of their lives incarcerated for this senseless and tragic crime.”
On December 8, 2022, IMPD officers found Rogers’ body lying in a pool of blood inside a vacant residence in the 100 block of Euclid Ave on the east side of Indianapolis. He had suffered multiple gunshot wounds.
Investigators learned that the defendants forced Rogers to call his grandmother and ask for $5,000. Following the call, she received a text from his phone saying that if the money was not sent, he would end up dying. Included in the message was a photo of the victim with two handguns held to his head.
The victim’s girlfriend also received a video from the defendants saying they were holding him hostage.
On the day of the murder, the group of suspects located the victim walking down the street. They abducted, beat him and then took him to the residence on Euclid Ave to kill him.
Surveillance video reviewed by detectives showed two vehicles parked in front of the residence and then all five defendants and Rogers exiting the vehicles to go inside.
Witnesses also told investigators they could see the defendants beating the victim inside their vehicle before they heard gunshots come from inside the residence.
Final Three Defendants Convicted in ’22 Murder, Kidnapping of Indy Man was originally published on wibc.com